INXS “Guns in the Sky”

Record Club No. 4 is here…! Joining in this time we had three of my favorite bands— Liars, Annie Clark and Daniel Hart from St. Vincent, Sergio Dias from the legendary Brazilian band Os Mutantes, as well as RC veteran Brian Lebarton, just back from the Charlotte Gainsbourg tour. The record covered this time was 1987 blockbuster ‘Kick’ by INXS. The record was chosen by fellow Aussie, Angus from the Liars. It was recorded in a little over 12 hours on March 3rd, 2010. It was an intense, hilarious, daunting and completely fun undertaking. Thanks to everybody for being there and putting so much into it. Many classic moments, inspired performances and occasional anarchy. We’ll post the songs consecutively in the album’s original sequence. First one up is “Guns In The Sky.”

17 Responses to “INXS “Guns in the Sky””

1. jimbing says:

big ups and big love from australia!

2. [...] Beck goes INXS! with Liars, St. Vincent, Os Mutantes, and RC veteran Brian [...]

3. nicholas l says:

killah!!

4. Bartholomew says:

Great. I can dig the fantastical thing you guys are doing :D BUT
    Why oh why have you yet to dig up the masterpiece that is Elton John’s “Rock of the Westies”? I feel like it’d be a great selection for the next go around <3

5. Pierina says:

I like it. I am a big INXS fan but as this is not trying to sund the same its ok. not the first INXS song to be covered and im sure not the last.

6. spurty says:

great to see inxs being covered in this way,have been a fan since way back, hopefully they will start to get the respect they deserve,really like how ‘guns’ has been done ,can’t wait to here the rest of the tracks especially ‘the loved one’.

7. [...] The eclectic group of rockers joined forces for one day and recorded the full record with no prior rehearsal. Starting today, Beck will roll out one song a week on his website. [...]

8. punchpudding says:

This is great, I love everything in the record club so far though I hate to admin I haven’t listened to a lot of INXS… will start now.

Record club is such a great idea, I think I’m going to copy it with a few friends. Cheers.

9. Ben says:

Kick was my favorite album when I was twelve- it’s a forgotten classic! I can’t wait to hear the club’s take on New Sensation. I was always fascinated by the “ringing” guitars on that track.

10. very good insight, I really enjoyed reading this, keep it up!

11. [...] expectativas eran altas. Lanzaron Guns in The Sky, la canción que abre el disco Kick, de INXS y sencillamente les quedó la raja. Lograron transformar una canción más o menos malaya en algo entretenido, que sonaba novedoso y se [...]

12. Pedro says:

VERY NICE. I freakin’ LOVE the heavy keyboards.

Nice going with the the OO Aah Yeah *tongue* lol

Hope to see more of the INXS album ASAP :)

13. Myra Kaluzny says:

Hi , when browsing at your site i see some sort of weird codes all over the page, in case it’s important I just thought I’d let you know it says this with all sorts of other stuff after it: “Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in wp-settings.php line 12″

14. You have a new fan! I love your stuff here and will be back again.

15. [...] de un par de integrantes de Liars) y el trabajo completo hace un rato que puede verse en el sitio oficial que Beck creó para la ocasión: Record Club. “Fue intenso, chistoso y completamente [...]

16. Whatever's clever says:

Hey, I’m really digging this concept! A few friends and I decided to do a few sessions like this in the next month or two, ’cause it seems fun as hell. Really lets you go wild, you know?
    Anyway I was wondering if you’ve got the covers done so far anywhere that I can access ‘em without the internet…? Thanks